Saturday 17 March 2012

The Devil Inside

After a restless sleep due to the devil inside last night, I felt myself drawn to Christianity. Due to the film being about exorcism, and the structure being a mocumentary everything felt very real. The constant handheld camera shots reiterated that fact, and the poor quality movement of shots (purposefully) sustained the verisimilitude.

There were many parts at which I and the whole cinema screamed and jumped and hide behind the person next to them even if they didn't know them. So it was scary indeed, yet the acting of some of the characters let the film down, maybe it's hard to act reality but some parts just reiterated the fact it wasn't real.

Also the one thing that made me nearly run out of the cinema was that at the start of the film it mentioned the Vatican and how they don't want anyone to watch it... Well thats just great, because I did.

1 comment: